[hpsdr] microscope?

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Fri Feb 1 16:10:21 PST 2008

This is the scope I've been using for the past year or
so:
http://www.bargainmicroscopes.com/10x-stereo-boom-arm-mounted-binocular-microscope/
-- I've got both 5x and 10x  optics for it.   The light that came
with it was inadequate -- I've got a goose neck desk lamp I use for
illumination when working with it.   I've been happy with it -- this
$200 scope has made me fearless on working with surface mount
stuff!   200+ pins at 1/2 mm spacing -- no problem!

I think Phil C (N8VB) gets the credit for discovering this thing, as
I recall he was the first of the crew to get one.

Cheers,

Bill (kd5tfd)