[hpsdr] Adding Penelope to the mix...

Thompson_Peter at emc.com Thompson_Peter at emc.com
Mon Feb 11 10:24:40 PST 2008

Now that Penelope is almost here, I was wondering if there will be some
guidelines published on how best to utilize her (not "it" !) when added
to an existing mix of Atlas/Janus/Ozy + SDR-1000 + PowerSDR.

I'm hoping I can reconfigure so that I can use Penelope for TX and
continue to use the SDR-1000 as the basis of RX (and can reconfigure as
needed to revert to using the SDR-1000 for TX when I want to take
advantage of the 100w PA).

I'm guessing that tapping into the SDR-1000's 100w PA (and ATU) is not
currently part of the plan.

Are there any plans for (or can anyone suggest) a suitable PA to get
beyond the 1/2 watt level.  Sounds like a nice construction project.

Am I correct in assuming that the EER amplifier that has been discussed
will interface directly to Penelope or will there be an intermediate
stage required?

Maybe these questions are premature - if so that's fine - not in any
rush here, just wondered what was in the works, etc.

Pete, N3EVL