[hpsdr] QSD architecture and image suppression

Oleg Skydan oleg at skydan.in.ua
Thu Feb 21 00:21:07 PST 2008

Hi, Ahti,

> Now with the new PowerSDR versions and especially with the new
> Flex-5000 hardware(firmware) the situation has changed.
It is not a big problem to implement "multipoint" calibration to
compensate for the phase/amplitude I/Q channel variations with
frequency. But I think that tempereture variations will have some
influence to the calibration. So even if we will be able to achieve
90-100dB suppression after the calibration it probably will not
survive several hours of the contest for instance, when the
temperature inside the transceiver will grow substantially...

I see only one solution for the QSD/QSE architecture - the
calibration hardware/software should allow us to do the calibration
during the operation. In this case we will be able to compensate
for component variations due to the different factors (temperature,
humidity, time and etc.)  continuously.

Oleg
73 de UR3IQO