[hpsdr] Low noise oscillators

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Fri Feb 22 22:00:02 PST 2008

> I've just laid-out a PCB for the oscillator detailed in that
> note, and I have
> just received some (15USD...) 125MHz crystals from a supplier
> (who wouldn't
> usually be on my preferred list). They are surprisingly good with
> a measured
> Qu of ~80K. Work permitting, in the next few weeks I intend to
> make four of
> the oscillators, and I'm tempted to send two of them on a world tour to
> people I know have the facilities to measure them... If you want to
> volunteer, I'd be very grateful!

Would definitely be interested in helping with the measurements.  (In fact,
I'd be interested in buying a couple of them from you if possible, so I can
experiment with them myself.)  Drop me a line off-list at jmiles at pop.net
once you're ready to send a couple of your prototypes out, and I'll
borrow/buy them from you, depending on your preference.

-- john, KE5FX