[hpsdr] Alternate list moderator needed

Don Jackson AE5K ae5k at hpsdr.org
Fri Jan 4 06:23:00 PST 2008

I'm looking for a volunteer to fill in for me for short periods of time
in the near future, mainly some simple administrative list duties.

The duties would include receiving requests for approval of new
subscribers to this HPSDR Discussion List and to approve/deny some
messages posted to the list.  Each procedure is quite straight forward
and does not take much time.  We probably average probably about 2-3 new
subscription requests per week and maybe one message needing approval.

If you could help me, please email me DIRECT ( ae5k at hpsdr dot org )
only!  I would prefer volunteers with email addresses that have not been
a problem (in other words, rule out comcast, etc.) in order to assure
email will not be blocked by these ISPs.  I will not consider a
volunteer who posts a reply to this to the list, as they demonstrate not
being able to follow directions.  ;-)

All list members posting messages to the list can help by:

1. Trim any previous quotes to a minimum and use ASCII text only in a
reply.  (huge quotes and fancy html or other text may inflate the
message size to 10 times or more than plain ASCII text -- thus causing
your message to be held for approval)

2. For any digest member replies, be sure to trim any quote to a minimum
needed for context, and CHANGE THE SUBJECT line to something meaningful.

Thanks and 73,
Don AE5K
HPSDR Discussion List Administrator