[hpsdr] Penelope

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Tue Jan 22 16:42:16 PST 2008

Hi Frank,

I think that most of this is already answered on the Wiki

http://hpsdr.org/wiki/index.php?title=PENELOPE

we are currently preparing a full specification for Penelope and will
post it shortly.

A couple of things whilst we do this. The board plugs into the Atlas
bus and is interfaced to the PC via the Ozy board over USB.

Bill, KD5TFD, has modified PowerSDR to work with Penelope and all the
current functions are supported.  If you currently use Ozy/Janus OK
then you have enough PC horsepower.

These is an IMD plot of the output on the Wiki and the broad band noise
floor is -147dBc/Hz.  Broadband spectrum meets FCC specifications, I'll
see about adding a screen shot to the Wiki.

73's Phil...VK6APH

Hi All,
  Can we get some specs on penelope. How is the board interfaced to the
computer. Do we have support software? What computer horsepower is
required. How about some broadband spectrum plots. Frank