[hpsdr] Penelope locked to ext 10 MHz Atlas bus ref

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Sun Jun 8 09:08:48 PDT 2008

Phil VK6APH and All,

Rather than reporting a problem to you, I thought you might like to
hear of a small success out here in the field for a change, hihi.  I'm
pleased to be able to report that I had no problem at all in locking
my Penelope TX to an external 10 MHz source (Rb vapor frequency
standard) via the Atlas board using a simple conditioning  circuit
consisting of a 5V Zener clipping diode on the input of a TTL inverter
(actually, a 7400 NAND with inputs tied together) with a resistor
divider on the output to lower the 5V TTL level to 3V max level to pin
C16 on the Atlas board bus.  It seems to work great; after selecting
Atlas as the 10 MHz source on the Setup/General/HPSDR tab in PowerSDR,
of course.

Best of luck to you in getting Mercury closer to beta testing pretty
soon!!  I'm sure excited about that prospect!

73,  Joe K5SO