[hpsdr] Mercury Noise/Sensitivity

Richard Stasiak rstasiak at sympatico.ca
Sat Jun 14 15:34:39 PDT 2008

Hi Greg

I finally got around to reading this post.  Thanks for the explanation
of this aspect of the Mercury design.

Last night on teamspeak, Phil mentioned that one of the latest changes
to Mercury was to incorporate circuitry to allow the preamp to be
switched in and out. Was this done to increase the strong signal
handling capability of Mercury ie giving it 17db more overhead?

73

Rick ve3mm