[hpsdr] PWR supply, also processor speed

stoskopf at tri.net stoskopf at tri.net
Sat Jun 28 21:42:15 PDT 2008

When I ordered a supply from PC Power and Computing to replace a dead one
in my primary computer, I also ordered their load for operation during
testing:  a metal encased 5 ohm at 25 watt device with the 4 pin plug.
Overkill, but works.

Question for discussion:  I see comments on this and especially the QS1R
board about various CPU demand in per cent utilization.  A bit of a power
surge here took out a router, a hub, and my linux computer (I heard the
loud snap along with the thunder from far away!) so am rebuilding.  If I
build really fast..gamer style..I know I won't gain much and don't need
much on CPU per cent time, but how much will that change the latency with
larger filters?  Enough to be useful assuming the signal path is separated
from the display?

N0UU