[hpsdr] Tiny Demeter

Eric Ellison ecellison at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 16:46:16 PDT 2008

Jeroen

Great! Scotty and I had a really FUN time discussing this. What Scotty was
planning made a LOT of sense, and probably could be very 'quiet' and
powerful enough to handle a lot, and plug into the Atlas connector directly.

You are right! Although it is NOT meant to circumvent this list, and is
almost ALWAYS recorded, Teamspeak can LEAP things forward by 'rapid'
collaboration. There is MOST definitely a problem with Timezones. TAPR,
AMSAT, Digital Voice, Astronomy, and other core groups and others use the
resource productively and Collaborate all the time. The good thing is that
you DID listen to the audio and posted comments back to the list, so others,
if they are interested, can go back and listen.

Actually Phil, Bill, and other HPSDR project leaders, are there virtually
every week on Sat 01:00 UCT, since the beginning over 3 years ago. It is
probably the best place to get updates on almost every active HPSDR project!
And make contributions. I think the 15 to 25 diehards who come every week or
couple of weeks, are attracted, now, by being able to interact or even
listen to the fantastic HPSDR discussions between Phil  and Bill. Phil is a
fantastic designer and even more fantastic educator! He DOES slow down for
'turtles' like me, and patiently answers even the most elementary of
questions!

I would be glad to sponsor a more "EU friendly" time to discuss HPSDR
projects on Saturday (Early Daytime Eastern Daylight time) if anyone is
interested. If we do this It would probably be best to favor all US
timezones and no later than early evening EU on Saturday. I'm open to
suggestion, and will try to be there.

As a side note, although I am not quite ready to moderate discussion, I am
planning to get the Pandora project going again. Ben - KD5BYB for very
understandable personal reasons has communicated that he has had to back
down as active project leader. This IS open to new project leadership. I
feel the project is/was quite 'mature' in concepts. There might be someone
else to take over the project leadership. I will 'stand-in' until someone
would like to claim project leadership. I talked with Bob - N5BRG at Dayton
who has SolidWorks designs for the project which he was working with Ben as
it stands. We are having a few problems publishing the files.

HPSDR is Fertile!! You fantastic contributors are 'cultivating' it for a
fantastic yield! (I'm a farmer at heart!)

Thanks
Eric - AA4SW