[hpsdr] SMA vs BNC patch cords

Don N6MCE pleasedon at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 00:31:53 PDT 2008

I'd much rather have SMA jumper cables in my HPSDR!

SMA patch cables are plentiful here in San Francisco Bay Area.
Perhaps someone here could source many for those in group without
similar access.  I certainly already have more than enough for me.

I have many flexible small coax SMA patch cables because I couldn't help
getting just a few when I saw such large heaps at such low prices:
   RG-316  1-5 feet long, varity of Gold plated or stainless steel SMA. $1
   Teflon coax size of RG-316. $1
   Some larger size flexible coax. $1
   Some hardline SMA patch cables. $2

I have at least 20 I couldn't resist picking up, just to have on hand
for WiFi antenna building.  Hence I paid extra for adaptor cables
SMA to N, SMA to TNC, SMA to BNC useful for antenna projects.

Give me a way to use my cheap SMA jumber cables on Atlas.  I have too
many already.

They are available from the Flea markets here, and vendors have large
quantities.

HSC sells them in their store...at 2 - 5 times the price.

I think some come from labs such as Lawrence Laboratories.

The challenge would be to find good source of one spec SMA PC mount
jack, so board fabrication would not be inconvenienced by variety.

What type of prices are being considered for BNC jumper cables?

Don N6MCE