[hpsdr] AB2KT and the opera

Bob McGwier rwmcgwier at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 08:47:43 PDT 2008

Well I apologize for sending that note out inviting everyone to come to
a sold out performance.   I hope no one was inconvenienced.

For Frank (AB2KT), it was a triumph.  Frank was brought up on stage to
give opening remarks about the opera.  This was required as this was NOT
a full production of the opera but playing/singing of the full libretto
and Frank's  musical interpretation of the traditional mystery play,
without the action.   As such,  Frank was asked to come up and explain
what action  WOULD have taken place had it been a full production. I was
REALLY surprised to FINALLY understand things like the source of
Milton's "plot" for Paradise Lost.    Haleh Abghari, a very well known
mezzo-soprano, was spectacular in her role in this.

I wanted to just say how proud I am to have Frank as a friend.  He is a
remarkable renaissance man.  The master of ceremonies for the program
even delivered my characterization of Frank as a polymath (with my full
support) in the program.  I was pleasantly surprised to say the least.
Shann and I really enjoyed the entire experience immensely.

Congratulations Frank!
Bob/Shann N4HY/N2HPE

Bob McGwier wrote:
> On Saturday evening,  Frank Brickle (AB2KT), will have his opera
> performed by the Cygnus ensemble in the Weill Hall  at Carnegie Hall
> in NYC.
>
> For those nearby,  there are tickets available, but they are going fast.
>
> http://cygnusensemble.com/cms/2007-2008-season/index.php
>
> 73's
> Bob
> N4HY

definition, not smart enough to debug it." - Brian W. Kernighan