[hpsdr] Project ideas

Charles Brain chbrain at btinternet.com
Wed May 7 23:44:29 PDT 2008

Hello All,

I am looking for an idea for an HPSDR project so far the only idea I have come up with is
a broadband transceiver module. Essentially it would be an FPGA A/D and D/A and an
analogue up/dwn converter to a fixed IF of say 70 MHz.

The board could be used as part of a Digital TV transmitter (DATV),  Direct sequence
spread spectrum (DSSS) or a high speed point to point microwave link. For DATV it
would also be necessary to have an MPEG encoder board possibly using the Fujitsu
encoder chipset.

http://www.fujitsu.com/emea/services/microelectronics/mpeg/encoders/mb86391.html

I had also thought of an AMBE Vocoder board for DSTAR but the best option for that
would be to use Moe's DVDongle.

I will carry on thinking and see if I can come up with anymore (realistic) ideas.

- Charles G4GUO