[hpsdr] PowerSDR immediate TX issue

Dale Boresz dmb at lightstream.net
Thu Nov 27 21:02:18 PST 2008

Finally got around to testing Ozy and Penelope (in anticipation of
Mercury), and encountered the issue where PowerSDR goes into TX as soon
as the PowerSDR 'Start' button is clicked, but in this case it happens
even though the "--ignore-pp-ptt" switch is being used as directed in
Appendix A of the Penelope manual.

I DO see the "*** PP PTT disabled ***" text on the PowerSDR title bar,
but it still goes into TX immediately -- unless I check the 'Disable
PTT' checkbox under Setup > General > Options, in which case it does not
go into TX, but then it ignores the hardware PTT line and will only go
into TX by clicking MOX on PowerSDR.

There is no jumper at all on the Penelope PTT jumper block.

What have I missed?

Dale
WA8SRA