[hpsdr] Mercury status

David B. Toth ve3gyq at amsat.org
Fri Nov 21 08:28:11 PST 2008

At 01:16 PM 11/19/2008, Mike Andrews W5EGO wrote:

>It's particularly important to know if it's a pervasive problem. If it
>affects only one (or a few, perhaps), that's one thing. If it affects
>essentially everyone, or everyone with a particular version of board
>or code, or everyone trying to order a particular item, or everyone
>trying to order *anything*, that's an entirely different level of
>problem, which needs to be raised to the designers, developers, and
>administrators, as appropriate.

There is NO pervasive problem.

What some may be confused/concerned about is that TAPR coincidentally
underwent a server update during the last few weeks. It took a few days
to get everything fully transferred. There was no melt-down of the old server.
No data was lost.

All of your orders are intact.

As John Ackermann has pointed out, the TAPR office manager can either
process orders or answer the phone/emails, but not both.

This is exactly the same system we used for all of the other HPSDR
projects, so please relax and remember that John Koster said he'd process
orders in the 2nd and 3rd weeks of this month, so we are on-target.

There are long lead-times on certain parts, as there have been before, and
we have the mechanisms in place to have everything pull together here, so
please just relax don't ruin the pre-Christmas shopping drama out there.

<grin>
73,
Dave