[hpsdr] TI, Sasquatch, etc.

Bob McGwier rwmcgwier at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 10:36:33 PDT 2008

Lyle, Frank, and I have had VERY preliminary discussions on resumptoion of
Sasquatch and how it should go forward and possibly be modified.

These parts:

http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/print/omap-l137.html

are VERY interesting.

http://focus.ti.com/general/docs/gencontent.tsp?contentId=46901

TI has drunk the koolaid and is beginning to like the taste.  They have open
sourced, free, for Linux the development tools for the 6000 family
(restrictive noncommercial license) as of last June and there have been
monthly updates.  So they are putting effort in to it.

For a simple standalone computer with serious horsepower the Omap-l137 is <
0.5 watts with a faster DSP than the one originally proposed for Sasquatch.
It has an ARM9 computer on it and can run Linux.

Frank and I are still willing to port DttSP to the part and the dsp engine
in the L137 will do the job.

Bob

ARRL SDR Working Group Chair

NJQRP, QRP ARCI, QCWA, FRC.

"Trample the slow ....  Hurdle the dead"