[hpsdr] Case for experimental version of HPSDR

Steve Ireland vk6vz at arach.net.au
Sat Oct 4 06:58:27 PDT 2008

Hi John

The case is entirely made from aluminium sheet (from a hardware store) and a
few pieces of aluminium angle, some aluminium pop-rivets and a load of M3
screws (for which the sheets of aluminium/angle iron have been tapped). The
tray part (on which Atlas is mounted) is mounted about 5cm up from the
bottom.

Really the idea of talking about the case was to show that to encourage
those who possess the old-tyme radio skill of 'sheet aluminium bashing' (or
who like to read old copies of the ARRL or RSGB handbooks and fancied giving
this a go) that they can make a pretty respectable case for their
new-fangled SDR.

Vy 73

Steve, VK6VZ