[hpsdr] Mercury / Penelope

Steven Bible srbible at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 19 14:09:45 PDT 2008

Hello Henk and everyone,

Given that these boards are expensive to build, we can only build as many as there is interest.  The interest in Penelope led us to build 350 boards.  On the Mercury interest page, we see interest at around 400.  So we decided to build 400 plus a few more for those that missed indicating their interest.

In this case, we are getting many questions about Penelope and when TAPR we'll get around to building more.  I posted to the list a few weeks back that we are very busy with Mercury and next up is Alex (which is also showing interest around 400).  When we are done getting these out the door, we'll come back and look at Penelope.  That will be early next year.

The bottom line, the interest page on http://www.hamsdr.com/ is very valuable to gauge the interest in a particular HPSDR board.  We depend very heavily on it.  So far it has worked great.  If you are interested in a particular board, please so it.  Then when ordering comes around, please buy.  TAPR can not afford to keep too many expensive boards in inventory.  We are trying to be good stewards of the membership's money and put out unique and quality products for ham radio experimenters.

73, Steve N7HPR
     V.P. TAPR