[hpsdr] Project Mercury! Additional information

Eric Ellison ecellison at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 15:57:18 PDT 2008

Hi All!

I guess at least one person was confused by my announcement and procedure,
so will clarify and add a few additional suggestions. I been around on this
list since day one and in my age, I tend to take things for granted and
'skip to the chase'! (smile)

IN SPITE OF THE FACT THAT YOU MAY HAVE EXPRESSED AN INTEREST IN THE MERCURY
PROJECT ON HAMSDR IN THE PAST YEAR, THE NUMBERS YOU ENTERED FOR BARE BOARD
OR ASSEMBLED AND TESTED MERCURY BOARD WERE CLEARED OUT AS OF THIS PAST
SUNDAY. IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE SO SINCE SUNDAY YOU MUST RE-ENTER THE NUMBER OF
MERCURY BOARDS YOU WOULD PURCHASE AT THE PROJECTED PRICE ON THE WEBSITE.

For the 192 of you who HAVE already re-entered quantities, you read my
updated quantities for Mercury or Mercury Bare Board, you have until Sunday
October 5 to update the quantities of product you would be interested in
purchasing! AFTER Sunday October 5 th the Mercury columns on HAMSDR will be
discontinued and the information passed to TAPR to determine final build
quantities.

The intent of 'refreshing' the current interest in quantities is so that
within a week or two, TAPR can calculate the realistic  number of boards to
produce and a final costing, based on CURRENT interest with proposed
pricing. The first 'expression of interest' on any project is just to get a
'feel'.

If anyone is confused by the above please e-mail me at ecellison <at>
Comcast.net.

To visit Hamsdr and update or generate new quantities, you must be a
'member' on the Hamsdr website. Becoming a member is a cinch and no risk!
You MUST be logged in as a member! When you log in, you will see a TAB
called projects. Hover over the tab and select TAPR-HPSDR you will be
presented with a page header, currently explaining the Mercury Project
proposed Pricing and information on TAPR's intent! Below that will be a
'spreadsheet' with your Callsign if you have already expressed interest in
any project  you will already appear on the list. Hunt yourself down, and
click on the 'edit' to the right of your record. Add or change quantities
for any of the projects listed but Mercury 'for sure'.  If you don't have an
established record, click the button "Express Your interest" and a record
will be created for you with the information you supplied when you became a
member of Hamsdr! Please make sure your e-mail information is correct. It
will NOT be compromised in any way, but is important as we go to production
and keeping you informed directly on what is going on. If you are not
interested or deceased since the original 'expression of interst' you need
not reply or do anything.

More information:

Please pass along the availability of Mercury and my previous post  to other
lists you have access to who might be interested in State of the Art Radio!

For anyone new:

Mercury is NOT a stand alone receiver! It is one project board in a series
of projects which are interdependent! For Mercury to be the world class
receiver you expect from the stats Phil posted, you will need some other
HPSDR supporting boards>

Atlas (motherboard buss)

Ozy (USB interface to a computer)

Power supply to the Atlas Buss

These are still all available from TAPR:

http://www.tapr.org/

I hope this clarifies my earlier post!

Viva HPSDR!

Eric - AA4SW