[hpsdr] Mercury - Alpha 3 results

Joe - AB1DO ab1do at optonline.net
Fri Sep 19 07:21:35 PDT 2008

Phil, Lyle, congratulations on what looks like a great receiver. This is
going to turn a few heads.

On another note, I just read on the Flex reflector that the USB to parallel
adapter for the SDR-1000 won't work under vista, because there is no vista
version of the USBIO driver. It struck me that we use the same driver for
Ozy and that therefore the same then holds.. Is this true? What about
LibUSB? In the manual, should we revert back to advising to install LibUSB
instead?

It would be a shame to end up with a state-of-the-art transceiver, kind of
stuck in an aging operating system (and no, I'm no fan of vista, but it will
be unavoidable as computers get updated. Not many people own a non-oem
version of  XP).

73 de Joe - AB1DO