[hpsdr] Mercury - Alpha 3 results

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 11:19:13 PDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 2:12 PM, Ray Anderson <ray.anderson at xilinx.com> wrote:

> Excerpted from the page:
>

> UMDF drivers do not require Code Integrity Signing since they aren't
> kernel-mode code. However your driver package still needs to be signed so
> that it can't be tampered with & can be traced back to the author (or you
> continue to have unsigned driver popups). And if your package includes any
> non-Microsoft kernel-mode drivers in addition to the user-mode driver then
> the Code Integrity Signing rules apply to that too.
>

>   I'm not sure how that impacts what is proposed for Mercury and what you
> want to do for QS1R.
>

> -Ray  WB6TPU

I came across that too, but unfortunately it is not very clear.  If it
means that having an unsigned UMDF driver only causes an unsigned
driver pop up message, then that is what already happens with libusb
and is really no problem.  If it means that it will not load without a
driver package certificate, then that's bad.

Regards,

--
Phil Covington
Software Radio Laboratory LLC