[hpsdr] Mercury A/D

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 10:26:42 PDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 12:46 PM, FRANCIS CARCIA <carcia at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Hi All,
> I wonder if the faster A/D option will be offered? I heard there were thermal issues with the faster part. An option we use at work is a dab of thermal epoxy under the part to tie it to the plane under the part. We usually have a hole through the board under the part so it can be injected after the part is soldered. frank wa1gfz

The LTC2208/9 uses a QFN package with PowerPad.  You cannot do what
you are describing because the PowerPad is soldered to the PCB under
the ADC.  You could always put a heat sink on the ADC though.

Then there's the issue of probably having to go to a -7 speed grade
EP3C25 FPGA which is not yet available in the QFP240 package.  You
would also have to have the option of a higher speed clock which has
other issues.

73 Phil N8VB

--
Phil Covington