[hpsdr] Using Atom processor spikes

Tim O'Rourke w4yn at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 21 19:45:30 PDT 2009

I just finished building an Atom powered box to use with my HPSDR setup.
My setup works fine business on a Lenevo desktop very stable and quiet no issues at all.
Using Atom board I see random spikes and overload warning below waterfall every 10-25 seconds.
They are monentary but strong eneough to see on display and hear. Has anyone else seen this?
I will try a different power supply tomorrow to see if that is the problem, same supply both setups for HPSDR but seperate cheap supply running the Atom. BTW Atom seens like a great way to go so far it has run everything I asked it too. I have it mounted in a small mini case and plan to hack a second identical case for HPSDR until Pandora is ready.
Thanks in advance for amy info.
Tim W4YN

Tim O'Rourke
W4YN at ARRL.Net
Low Power Amateur Radio Rocks
Member of Flying Pigs,ARCI,GQRP,RSGB,ARRL Life Member
NHRA Life Member