[hpsdr] Proposal

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 03:43:53 PDT 2009

Hello list memebers,

I'd like to propose that there be a new section added to the HPSDR
Wiki called "Project Proposals".  This is where projects under
consideration for acceptance as HPSDR projects would be placed for
discussion.

The current situation is embarrassing in that any idea for a project
is currently added to the "Individual Project Wiki Pages" section.
Many of these "projects" have never gotten past the initial discussion
stages and many have not seen any activity for months or even years.
As it is now, these "ideas" or proposals for projects appear to the
new reader of the Wiki to be official projects.  The situation on the
HPSDR website is just as bad - there are many dormant "projects"
listed at the top of the webpage further adding to the confusion.

By having an area for project proposals, there will be less confusion
to the status of active projects.  By removing the dormant projects
(which have hardly made it past the proposal stage), we will reduce
confusion for newcomers to HPSDR as to which projects actually have
movement.

Phil N8VB