[hpsdr] Tiny preselector from HEROS

Franz Hegener franz-hegener at franz-hegener.de
Sun Apr 19 01:29:48 PDT 2009

Hi Phil,

i have ordered the tiny preselector from HEROS too.

In Germany we are some people who will try the tiny preselector with the
HPSDR.

Is it possible to provide us with the needed software for the I2C interface
option from Heros to use this nice combo?

This would be a perfect solution until Alex is available.

I read you feedback with the following possibilities:

1. Add support to PowerSDR for it's USB port

2. Modify the PIC code to read the Command & Control data from the Atlas bus

and select the correct relays depending on what frequency HPSDR is set to.

3. Replace the USB board with one fitted with an SPI or I2C open

drain/collector driver chip(s) and send the required signals from Ozy or

Mercury. This is basically how the relays on Alex are switched.

4. Use the 7 open collector outputs on Penny to control the band select

relays plus 8 open collector drivers connected to J20 on Ozy.

5. Connect open collector/drain drivers to spare Atlas bus lines and add

suitable  code to  Ozy to drive them.

Point 3. Is the best way in my eyes.

73 Franz  DG1FHA