[hpsdr] GPS 1PPS board

Graham / KE9H KE9H at austin.rr.com
Mon Apr 6 09:11:33 PDT 2009

Chris:

Although a cheap way to get started, this is a navigation receiver, not
a timing receiver,
and it will not be a good choice for frequency control.  This one's spec
is that the 1 pps
signal has a jitter spec of +/- 1 microsecond.  Timing receivers, such
as the Motorola
Oncore UT+ have a timing mode, that provides jitter around +/- 50
nanoseconds,
without sawtooth correction, and sub 10 nanoseconds with sawtooth
correction.

You want a timing receiver, or a receiver with a timing mode option for
frequency
control.

--- Graham / KE9H

==