[hpsdr] FMT and Mercury

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Mon Apr 6 17:50:12 PDT 2009

I really do not know about the SDR1000 - but consider the following:

the manual for the SDR1000 says microhertz resolution for the DDS (with a 1
Hz tuning step)

in rough numbers, if you take 2^48 and 200 MHz you get 0.7 microhertz as the
"granularity" of tuning.

So that would imply that the DDS *is* taking the closest 48 bit number to
the desired frequency...which is sent to the nearest Hz by PowerSDR.

Mercury, of course, can do the same with some firmware....

Ken