[hpsdr] Proposal

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Wed Apr 15 07:25:50 PDT 2009

I disagree with you that HPSDR looks like a bunch of dreamers with no
actual plan to outsiders!!  I, myself, was an outsider only a few
months ago and I was impressed enough to become directly involved with
several aspects of the HPSDR project! ...so your premise about that is
incorrect, at least in my case.

Of course HPSDR iIS a bunch of dreamers (that's to our benefit, in
fact!!) but the current status of the overall HPSDR project with a
fielded board set, minimal as it is, proves clearly that there is
indeed a plan and that it is being executed successfully.  HPSDR is
not a business, of course, so we can't, and shouldn't by any stretch
of the imagination, be held to any particular time schedule for
development for any given project!

At most, giving consideration to your and others' comments, a simple
addition of a concise line or so in the STATUS portion of the present
page for each project stating something about the current state of the
project (updated, say, annually, or semi-annually, or so.to keep
maintenance of the site within reason!) is all that is necessary to
satisfy all;  not a total revamp of how the projects are listed on the
site.

Joe K5SO