[hpsdr] HPSDR and Heros Tiny preselector

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Sat Apr 18 20:21:31 PDT 2009

Hi Alex,

If your not a programmer (like me) then you need to make friends with one!

I do have Verilog code to implement I2C in say the Mercury FPGA. At the
moment Mercury determines what frequency its tuned to and sends the relay
selection data to Alex. You could do the same for the Tiny SCR - send the
correct I2C data dependant on the frequency.

This seems a better way than to get PowerSDR to calculate the I2C data since
this way is hardware independent.

Perhaps someone who did Kirk's Verilog tutorial would like a crack at this -
if so send me an email and I'll send you a copy of the I2C code.
I also have some PC test code in C# that enables you to send/receive I2C
data via the FX2 on Oyz, please email for a copy of the code.

73's Phil....VK6APH