[hpsdr] Penelope Minimum Power

Willi Reppel wi.re at telia.com
Mon Apr 27 13:34:10 PDT 2009

Hi Keith,

I am using a Pi-network resistive attenuator as described in the ARRL
Handbooks to connect Penny to an Icom 735 PA module. The maximum input power
to the Icom module is 1mW which results in 125 W output. I use a 25 dB
resistive attenuator between Penny and the input of the PA.
A friend of mine uses the same PA module and relied on software and the
adjustable PA settings in the PowerSDR setup. Once he made a reset or
updated PowerSDR and his PA settings were replaced by default values. The PA
module did not accept 0.5 W input and sent smoke signals.
vy 73 de
Sm6OMH  Willi