[hpsdr] Ozy Availability

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Mon Aug 3 14:30:35 PDT 2009

So, after spending a few hundred dollars on parts, boards, and
equipment, I have successfully lifted a trace on the 1mm pitch FPGA
leads on my in-process Ozy board.  With the amount of time I've spent
trying to get this chip and the Cypress USB chip on the board before
this happened, it has become apparent to me that while I can decently
solder the larger surface mount parts, and the through-hole pieces, I
don't have the ability to complete this project.  Rather than spending
another bundle of cash on parts and such and having no guarantee of
having a working board, is there any avenue to obtain a board
currently without building your own, or is the current wisdom just
"wait for Ozy II?"

I apologize if this message is a little short, and I don't mean for
things to sound accusatory, but my frustration level is a little high
right now.  This is not due to the actions of anyone on this list or
associated with the project, I just bit off more than I could chew
apparently.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems