[hpsdr] SDR-1000/Janus/Ozy TX locked on

lstoskopf at cox.net lstoskopf at cox.net
Wed Aug 5 19:33:55 PDT 2009

I feel like I'm dropping back to the dark ages. Pulled the SDR-1000 off the shelf, pulled Penny and Mercury out of Atlas, installed Janus and hooked up everything as per Janus and Ozy, Operation with PowerSDR v. 2.0.  Goal is to get back to using as driver for a handful of somewhat neglected UHF transverters.

Everything loads well.  I've got a whole string of leds lighting up on Ozy where v. 2.0 indicates only one.  All of the controls work well.  But when I hit Start with CW enabled I get MOX on and iambic CW.  No way to get to RX.  In AM mode can set drive to Max and get .16  watt on the meter.  Again, no way to get to RX.

I have two OZY cards, one with latest firmware and the other not.  One awaiting dedicated use with Janus for a digital upconverter.  No difference between the two.

Anyone know if I did some typical mistake in setup.  Have checked and re-checked jumpers, etc.

Thanks,  N0UU