[hpsdr] SDR-1000 problems

lstoskopf at cox.net lstoskopf at cox.net
Thu Aug 6 18:51:22 PDT 2009

First:  My apology to the list for the triple post.  Cox does this for me sometimes.

2nd:  To reply mainly to Bill:  Thanks for the help. Interesting finding.  When I ran thru Setup I could not find Ozy Control in the HPSDR Hardware Present line of General.  Wrongly guessed that picking that option in Soundcard was the default.

This in KD5TFD 14Jul2009 v.1.10.4-BaseSVN 2025

Just now started doing what my dingy ex-secretary would do:  started pressing keys (hopefully a bit more thoughtfully)  Clicked the radio button on HPSDR instead of  SDR-1000 and then back to 1000.  Miraculously the line Janus/Ozy Control  appeared and all works well.

 Bunches of more spurs on HF than I have with Mercury or QS1R, but can work around those for transverter use.  These look like synthesizer generated ones which I hadn't noticed before, but used the SDR-1000 mainly for LF stuff before.

Thanks and you might figure out how I got into the setup mess.

N0UU