[hpsdr] TeamSpeak audio 2009/Aug/15

K1rqg at aol.com K1rqg at aol.com
Sat Aug 15 14:14:19 PDT 2009

After listening to TeamSpeak audio for Aug 15, I have a comment and a
question.

Towards the end there was discussion regarding a separate PTT input via the
 DB-9
on OZY and I will assume some sort of software configuration to use the tip
 or ring
on mike connectors on Peny and Janus. One reason for this request is that
some of
us use the HPSDR system as an IF for micro-wave work and especially on EME,
 it
is quite necessary to interface with a sequencer, thus the need for  PTT
prior to keying
the RF.

In CWX there is a PTT delay, but this is only effective when using keyboard
 CW or the
"canned" CW strings. It does not have any effect when using the paddle
input.

For EME, I currently have a Griffin Powermate configured to
activate/deactivate "MOX"
when pushed (it is a toggle function). Normally we would use a foot switch
or a toggle
switch to key the sequencer, which must be the first action prior to RF!

Second is question regarding the receive audio that used to be ported to
Penelope and
available on the DB-25. Is there still plans to fix this?

Thanks for all the good work.

73 de Joe K1RQG