[hpsdr] Ozy/Mercury Protocol

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Mon Aug 17 18:15:02 PDT 2009

Hi Alberto,

Thanks for the news regarding support for HPSDR with Winrad and I look
forward to testing it.

Dave is quite correct, given the bursty nature of PC processing we have
implemented large FIFOs in the FPGA code to account for this.

We have considered using other endpoints for control data but for two
reasons have not done so yet:

1. Having the dot/dash data in the same frame as the I & Q data is the
fastest way to detect CW key closures. Since we also don't go into the DSP
code to generate the CW tones when using KK full QSK works really well.

2. If it ain't broke - don't fix it!

Also good to hear that your have used WinUSB - that may be the way we have
to go so we can run KK under Vista and Windows 7.

73's Phil...VK6APH