[hpsdr] Ozy/Mercury Protocol

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Fri Aug 28 16:05:13 PDT 2009

Are you referring to the TLV320AIC23B on Mercury?     It's not I2C
controlled, but SPI controlled from the FPGA.  It was done this way
because the TLV320... can only have two different I2C addresses and
we'd used both of them on Janus and Penny.

I don't think we currently expose a way to change how the chip is
initialized.  Is there a reason we need to?  I didn't think the
output side of that chip had anything interesting to control.

Regards,

Bill (kd5tfd)