[hpsdr] KISS Update

Gordon & Lois Duff glduff at bellsouth.net
Sat Dec 5 12:27:47 PST 2009

I have just uploaded a major revision to KISS for the KA2NLM branch. It
incorporates code posted to other branches up to svn 214.

The most notable departure is band coverage for SWL, user definable bands,
tuning speeds, and default filter widths, and paving the way for multiple
receivers.

There is a text file included in the project covers the history of changes
from VK6APH's branch.  I have tried to be complete, but the changes were too
extensive to completely capture.

The most recent changes from my previous update are:

  1. Some code include for Hermes, taken from Phil's branch

  2. Support for two VFOs on the primary display (not simultaneous
receive yet)

  3. Control and Off/On swapping for the two VFO's

  4. Two-tone tune support.

Not implemented at this post are:

  1. All grayed out controls

  2. Hermes and Excalibur not been tested.

  3. Open collector controls have not been tested.

Know Issues

  1. Squelch isn't 100% right2. The Spectrum display isn't calibrated
correctly.

  3. Documentation needs to be brought up to date.

  4. Smeter numbers aren't displayed

Let me know what you think.  (Off the reflector)

Gordon, KA2NLM