[hpsdr] Obstreperous crystal

Chris Day scotstramp at msn.com
Fri Dec 11 12:18:08 PST 2009

I'm still trying to track down why my Ozy doesn't seem to work properly anymore, and I'm accumulating evidence that it's 24 MHz xtal has taken it into it's head to oscillate at the fundamental of ~8 MHz instead of the third overtone. Anyone have any suggestions on how to convince it to return to it's proper behavior? Thanks.

Chris Day
AE6VK

P.S. - I loaded the Cyclone II with nothing but a straight connection between FX2_IFCLK and ATLAS_C3; nothing else on the Atlas bus. I see ~8 MHz on C3. What I don't quite understand is how the FX2 USB interface, needed to load the FPGA, is working if the oscillator is off by a factor of 3. Any other hypotheses welcome.