[hpsdr] repository move needed

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Wed Dec 16 21:50:48 PST 2009

I've traded a few notes with Dale (WA8SRA) who has graciously
provided us SVN service over the past years as to what we need to do
to make this work.

As I see it we could look to pay for a dedicated (bigger perhaps)
pipe, look to host  box at a co-location facility or move to a hosted
SVN server.   I don't know how feasible or costly a dedicated/bigger
pipe or a co-lo would be.

If we need to move I'd propose moving to using SVN at Dreamhost,
which we can do under the account we use to host openhpsdr.org.    I
hesitate to use one of the free providers because I feel we've got
more influence and control at a provider where we pay vs. one that is
free.  Nothing against Google or Sourceforge, just a little more
comfortable with a provider where we're a paying customer.

As to having a discussion on this -- we regularly have a Teamspeak
VoIP conference sessions Friday evenings at 8PM CT.  If folks would
like to discuss what to do about SVN hosting I'd like to have a
discussion this Friday after the regular check in on Teamspeak.  Info
on our Teamspeak conference is at: http://openhpsdr.org/teamspeak.html

Regards,

Bill  (kd5tfd)