[hpsdr] SVN HpSDR Size on Disk 2.42 GB (2,608,271,360 bytes)

Bob McGwier rwmcgwier at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 14:54:23 PST 2009

Based on the activity seen,  a few people, maybe single digit, are
downloading the whole tree.  Probably in ignorance of the limitations of
the service we are using.

I am unwilling to attribute malice to that activity which is trivially
(and probably) explained by ignorance.  The suggestion that we "dump the
whole tree" or prune it reveals lots of misunderstanding of how svn
works.  We have contributed to that by giving out the root (tags,
branches, trunks and all) rather than publishing what is actually needed
"to get going".

We need more bandwidth than 1.5 mbps to share between repositories of
various sorts and the commercial customers who are complaining.  Flex's
only complaint is the causing of complaints by its users.  Flex
restricted access by username and PW.  They don't much like it more than
anyone else.  They have to administer it!

Bob

--
(Co)Author: DttSP, Quiktrak, PowerSDR, GnuRadio
NJQRP, QRP ARCI, QCWA, FRC.