[hpsdr] Disabling 10 MHz clock on Penelope

Bruce Beford bruce.beford at myfairpoint.net
Sun Dec 20 17:20:02 PST 2009

Jeff,

When using the HPSDR "stack" with Excalibur, the 10 MHz clock on Penelope
cannot truly be completely disabled in software.  The oscillator will
continue to run, with the possibility of additional "birdies" (spurious
signals) being generated in the receiver (Mercury). I ended up cutting the
trace that supplied 5volts to the 10MHz oscillator on Penelope. I later
added a 2 pin header to be able to reapply power, if ever desired.

-Bruce N1RX