[hpsdr] Merury v 2.5 code now available

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Sun Feb 1 16:32:04 PST 2009

(Bill posting for Phil)

All,

We have updated Mercury to V2.5  Use the same procedure as before to
load the new code into the flash memory on the Mercury board.

New features include:

1. A data stream to End Point 4 in the USB that sends a 4096 x 16
bit  frame of raw ADC samples.  This will allow the PC programmers to
add a bandscope, sampling oscilloscope etc,  with up to 55MHz
bandwidth.  For those programmers working on this, the start flag is
no longer provided, just read a 4k block of data from EP4 and process it.

2. Again for the PC programmers, the sync sequence (0x7F7F7F) now
always starts at the beginning of a 512 byte USB frame. No need to
hunt through the frame to find where it starts.

3. Serial numbers of the code in Ozy, Penny and Mercury are read and
displayed on PowerSDR>SetUp>General>HPSDR>Firmware
Versions.  Currently Penny will show 0 and Mercury 25 (for 2.5). This
will be used by the automatic code update process when we implement it.

Many changes and improvements to Ozy and FX2 code to support the
above, thanks to Kirk KD7IRS and Bill KD5TFD for their contributions.

I've updated the USB protocol document in \trunk\Documentation to
reflect the latest changes.

To use the above features you will need to latest PowerSDR code etc from:

svn://206.216.146.154/svn/repos_sdr_windows/PowerSDR/branches/kd5tfd/PennyMerge/bin/Release

Please provide feedback etc to the forum.

73's Phil....VK6APH