[hpsdr] New FX2 code

roland etienne roland.etienne at free.fr
Mon Feb 2 02:13:06 PST 2009

I reported a problem with the new PowerSdr version (1 feb 2009). I had no
receive at all. On my PC, I have also an sdr-iq connected on a usb port, and
use it to "see" my signal when transmitting with Penelope. So I disconnected
the sdr-iq and re-run PowerSdr and you know what? Mercury runs fine. So I
made the test with the sdr-iq re-connected and you know what? Mercury runs
fine (Arggg...), but what I notice, and can repeat it, is that when I run a
program for the sdr-iq, the audio from Mercury is distorted, my cpu usage is
no more than 50%, and I am running Mercury with 96000 khz, 2048 buffer.

I never had such a problem with the previous versions of PowerSdr, so I am
wondering if the new code for FX2, and the channel for wide band display is
the origin? Could it be disable to confirm?

73, Roland f8chk.