[hpsdr] Mercury 2.5 / Latest Power SDR

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 4 18:01:34 PST 2009

Hi All,
Last night I loaded 2.5 and latest PowerSDR. I find there is too much distortion on 192K to use (AM Mode). My CPU loading is under 10%. I found things improve if I set the buffer to minimum but still sounds nasty. At 96 K  Audio sounds fine.
There was no problem loading the software and I get the correct version displayed on the set up page. I ran a calibration. There is also some clicks in the audio but I just remembered I needed to set the processing priority to high in the last version. (I'll try that next time) My network cable is disconnected.
Atlas: 6=Mercury, 5=Penny, 4=Ozy.
I have not tried swapping boards around. I heard reports of distortion and will go back and read the posts over the past two days. I seem to remember someone swapping boards around.
Frank  WA1GFZ