[hpsdr] Mercury Audio

DUANE BAADE d.baade at verizon.net
Sun Feb 8 18:10:51 PST 2009

I was having a lot of trouble trying to get Mercury to work @192K sampling. 96K sampling wold work with no problems. The audio at 192K sampling sounded like it had a lot of distortion, but it didn't really sound like distortion either. My mother board had built in USB and Video which I was using. I bought a new USB card, and was able to get Mercury to work at 192K sampling. Looking a little farther, I found that the USB on the mother board and the video that was on board both had the same IRQ. The new USB card came up with a different IRQ, so I suspect that the IRQ's being the same was the big factor. I had the same problem with the same mother board and the firewire that was on the mother board. The firewire and video also had the same IRQ which caused my Flex 5000A to never come up. A new firewire card solved this problem.

Hope this might help some of you who are having problems with Mercury when trying to run it at 192K sampling.

Duane    W5PNM