[hpsdr] latest software Penny power output

Mark Amos mark at amos-family.com
Wed Feb 25 18:38:28 PST 2009

Folks,

I just loaded the newest software onto Penny and updated the PowerSDR to
KD5TFD 24Feb2009-a

Even at the lowest setting of gain on the Setup/PA tab (38.0), the output on
the transmit meter in PowerSDR never reaches 500 mW into a dummy load.  The
maximum seems to be 430 mW on 40 meters, lower on the other bands.
Unfortunately, I don't have an accurate wattmeter under 1 watt, so I can't
provide and objective second measurement right now.

I'm not suggesting that something changed in Penny (I didn't measure output
prior to the update), just asking if this is typical(?)

Mark