[hpsdr] 2.6 experience

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Thu Feb 12 03:29:38 PST 2009

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your feedback and good to hear that V2.6 is working OK for you.
Re your questions:

> Is it still necessary to have only OZY and Mercury installed when we do
> the
> Mercury firmware upgrades via the USB Blaster method?

No, you can leave Penny on the Atlas bus as long as you don't also have a
jumper on JP7 (last JTAG) on Penny installed.

> Also, is there any reason that the JP7 jumper ( on Mercury ) shouldn't
> just stay shorted
> all the time?

For now you can leave it on. When we start to update Penny as well then we
will need to make sure
we have the boards in the correct sequence and the the correct 'last JTAG'
jumper installed.

73's Phil... VK6APH