[hpsdr] PennyWhistle - Call for Comments

Don N6MCE pleasedon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 08:07:31 PST 2009

> PennyWhistle call for comments.
> http://hpsdr.org/wiki/index.php?title=PENNYWHISTLE
> Questions:
>
> Do you prefer BNC versus the SMA connectors shown?
Connectors:
My junkbox has many SMA double silver shielded, teflon dielectric jumper
cables.  So I prefer SMA.  SMA is ideal for relatively permanent station
hookup.
But my tools are for BNC connectors.  BNC is preferable for multiple
temporary connections for test equipment.
This is not a big deal.

I much prefer fully assembled units.
I am patent and would rather pay and wait.

I want to play with software...not be fighting solder assembly debugging.

I think software programmers are the scarce resource.
Unfortunately for me, the list is full of very skilled hardware
fabricators and assemblers.

Unfortunately the hardware assembly scares off softare programmers who
live in carpeted apartments who don't want stumbling blocks of hardware
assembly.

But I see I am in the minority with my perspective.

Thank you to all the great developers for their contribution.
I will try to keep up with this talented group.

Don N6MCE