[hpsdr] Mercury 2.6

Doug Bade kd8b at thebades.net
Mon Feb 16 16:25:11 PST 2009

The Atom 330 intel mini itx boards all seem to do it....at least
those of us running the HPSDR this way who have compared notes find
this.. Even 96K at 2048 no longer works it distorts as he describes..
interestingly the CPU load is only about 12-18 % even when it is
popping and distorting... I have had to drop to 96k 1024 to get it to
work 99% as it still pops once in a while.. 96k 512 is good audio but
cpu load starts climbing..... Not complaining but it has gotten worse
with later releases of code. Would it help to have one of these
boards shipped to one of you for tests??? they are not real
expensive....and small enough to ship cheap..

I would volunteer mine as you have your own Mercury etc... :-) The
board runs on 160w ps so about anything you have laying around runs it...

Doug
KD8B