[hpsdr] Mercury 2.6

Doug Bade kd8b at thebades.net
Mon Feb 16 17:06:13 PST 2009

Phil;
Yes but I do not think it was in this case, at least not all the
time... There are several usb controllers at several interrupts and
all of them exhibit the same problem if I move the usb connection. I
tried an above board PCI USB with a different interrupt to no avail.
I also tried an above board PCI video board to no avail.. I cycled
through all 4 ports on the back. they use IRQ 16,17,18 and 19 as well
as 20 and 21 I think??? I am not really sure which port is on which
controller... so I kept trying them all. The video is on IRQ16 for
sure....the On board video.. I also tried messing with PCI priority
in Bios with no change.. I disabled MB USB when I tried above board
but could not get any better performance... I have no real grasp on
why but I can say I tried a lot of NOTS :-) The motherboard does use
shared video mem with the cpu.. but I found no bios adjustments to
improve it... I cannot say I disabled the on board video.. as booting
was problematic on the above board.. XP was giving me a hard time
resetting to the above board which was an MX4000 series PCI dual Head
VGA/Svideo board...

I do not know any easy way to figure out which port/interrrupt each
port maps to as the id's are cryptic....

Doug